Real estate transactions involve some of the largest financial investments most people will experience in their lifetimes.
With the current market conditions, transactions today generally exceed $250,000 and are regularly sold within the first 5 days on market – often with multiple offers. Considering the large amount of potential financial and legal risk and generally no upfront costs, it would be unwise to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a Brantford Real Estate Agent like Andrew Evans or Kate McGinnis.
If you’re ready to begin your home search, please explore our list of highly recommended local professionals, including Mortgage Specialists who will help to determine your mortgage pre-approval information. With the current local home inventory moving very quickly – it’s best to be prepared in advance before finding your dream home listing.
The Multiple Listing Service (MLS®, Realtor.ca) is the single most useful tool in place today to buy a property. If you are in the market for a new home, Andrew & Kate Real Estate can set you up with advance MLS listings by registering HERE – after which you will receive a daily email of all brand new listings in your selected area and price range. Regardless of what real estate office has the property listed for sale – we can help you buy any property listed for Sale or Lease by any Realtor or person. In fact it’s better for you to buy a property through someone other than the listing agent as that agent is also working in the seller’s best interest – including obtaining the best possible price for their property!
As your agent, this means we are working with your best interests (and wallet) in mind. On your behalf, we will work to negotiate the best price and ensure you have the representation you need.
If you’re still not convinced we should help you with your real estate needs, here are SIX more reasons to work with Andrew & Kate Real Estate.
1. We can help you determine your buying power — that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. Once you’ve supplied us with some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt – we can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you.
2. We have many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available, but not actively advertised in the market. It will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. We can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. We have access to a variety of informational resources, including local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. Two main things you’ll want to know: 1) Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? and 2) Will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. We can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. We can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required to your situation.
5. We provide due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. We can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. We can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date and connect you with our recommended local connections including inspectors, contractors, utilities and legal.
6. We can help you close the sale of your new home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing, questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most buyers. Your local Brantford Real Estate Agent is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing.
Contact us today for a no-obligation information request – we would be happy to answer any questions you might have as you begin your home-buying process.
Andrew Evans – Kate McGinnis – Brantford Real Estate Agents – MLS Homes For Sale – Andrew & Kate Real Estate